Chicken Wrapped in Bacon
My husband and I like chicken and spicy food. This dish can be adapted to any degree of heat by switching the green chilies to jalapeno peppers. Either way, it's flavorful, moist and tender.—LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 bacon strips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not
- crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Flatten chicken to 1/8-in.
- thickness. Spread with cream cheese; sprinkle with garlic and salt.
- Top with chilies. Roll up from a long side; tuck ends in.
- Wrap three bacon strips around each piece of chicken; secure with
- toothpicks. Place in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and
- bacon is crisp. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 619 calories, 56 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 1,472 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.