Chicken Wrapped in Bacon Recipe
- 6 bacon strips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness. Spread with cream cheese; sprinkle with garlic and salt. Top with chilies. Roll up from a long side; tuck ends in.
- 2. Wrap three bacon strips around each piece of chicken; secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and bacon is crisp. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 619 calories, 56 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 1,472 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Wrapped in Bacon
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.