- 6 bacon strips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness. Spread with cream cheese; sprinkle with garlic and salt. Top with chilies. Roll up from a long side; tuck ends in.
- Wrap three bacon strips around each piece of chicken; secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and bacon is crisp. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Wrapped in Bacon
"This was just discussing! What a waist of my time, effort and ingredients. Couldn't eat, even my 11 year old could not eat. The cream cheese on the middle makes you want to… well you get the picture."
"Wonderful and easy! Great for company, too."
"Excellent, all the family love it. I omit the chilies."
"This is delicious! I plan to make this next time we have guests over for dinner. I doubled this to feed my family of four and used turkey bacon to cut some of the fat."