Chicken Wonton Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 2/3 cup crushed salad croutons
- Sweet-and-sour sauce, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, chives and lemon-pepper until blended. Stir in chicken and mushrooms.
- 2. Place a rounded teaspoonful in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- 3. Melt remaining butter; brush over wontons. Coat with croutons. Place on a baking sheet; freeze. Transfer to a large freezer bag; seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen wontons: Place wontons on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Turn; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Serve warm with sweet-and-sour sauce if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 wonton equals 50 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Wonton Rolls
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer