Chicken Wonton Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 2/3 cup crushed salad croutons
- Sweet-and-sour sauce, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, chives and lemon-pepper until blended. Stir in chicken and mushrooms.
- 2. Place a rounded teaspoonful in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- 3. Melt remaining butter; brush over wontons. Coat with croutons. Place on a baking sheet; freeze. Transfer to a large freezer bag; seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen wontons: Place wontons on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Turn; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Serve warm with sweet-and-sour sauce if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 wonton: 50 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Wonton Rolls
"The flavor of these was really good - but the texture of the wonton wrappers did not work for us, too tough and chewy and I was expecting something a little crisper like an egg roll."
"I used the first 5 ingredients, but left out the mushrooms and croutons. I agree that the wonton wrappers were a bit difficult to fold, but that may have been user-error as well, since it was the first time I'd ever used them.That said, these were FANTASTIC! The ONLY downside was that I sat and ate SO MANY! lol. Definitely try!"
"This recipe is really great. I love it and so does my husband. What I love is that you can really make it your own. I do however think the lemon pepper is a must. The ONLY downside is that they take forever to wrap, but worth it."
"Haven't made this yet but sounds really good. How long do you cook them if you want them as soon as you make them. Approx.? 10 - 15 minutes"
"Use egg rolls right off the bat with these - less mess, and you can double the recipe for large crowds."