Chicken Wonton Cups
These little "poppers" are a great way for my family to enjoy the taste of jalapeno poppers without all the fat and calories. I use simply use light mayonnaise and cream cheese to reduce the fat content. —Nadine Mesch, Mount Healthy, Ohio
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking
- spray. Spritz wrappers with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 5-6
- minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese,
- Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, chilies and jalapeno. Spoon chicken
- mixture into cups. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until filling is
- heated through. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 62 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon