Chicken with Wine Sauce
Plum wine and fresh mushrooms transform these chicken breasts into something wonderfully special and flavorful. This makes a perfect last-minute dish for drop-in guests. —Kathleen Valle, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup plum wine
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg
- and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and
- pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken
- over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run
- clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. Add wine, stirring
- to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid
- is reduced by half. Serve with chicken.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 260 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium,