- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup plum wine
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken with Wine Sauce
Sort By :
I didn't have plum wine so I made it with regular white cooking wine. It was very simple but good. Probably not something I'd pull out for company, but a nice quick, light dish for my husband and me!
This was delicious, on the sweet side. Wish the wine sauce was a little thicker, think I'll add a touch of cornstarch or flour next time.
This was very easy and my whole family loved it.
Very quick and delicious. Good enough for pretty much any occasion too from casual to more decadent. In answer to the question about freezing wine, I do it all the time with leftover wine (yes leftover wine DOES happen occasionally!!) I usually use those disposable ice cube bags as I find them a perfect way to not waste it and they can easily "squoosh" into any corner of the freezer. Hope that helps! Helen
Re: Seminoles - I wonder, because it is a cooking recipe, if you could freeze the wine in 2/3 cup portions for future servings. Anyone?