Chicken with Veggies Recipe
Tender chicken and bright vegetables combine deliciously in this blend from Frankie Allen Mann of Warrior, Alabama. "I sometimes serve it over wild rice for an interesting change.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- 2. In a skillet, saute chicken in oil until browned. Add the wine or broth, salad dressing, green pepper, carrots, mushrooms, onion, butter and remaining garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 303 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Veggies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC