Chicken with Veggies Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- 2. In a skillet, saute chicken in oil until browned. Add the wine or broth, salad dressing, green pepper, carrots, mushrooms, onion, butter and remaining garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 303 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 766 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.