Chicken with Veggies 'n' Gravy
"I couldn't bear the thought of going to the supermarket one day and was determined to come up with something for dinner," writes Susan Dalrymple of Marathon, Florida. "I created this comforting chicken mix, and my husband loved it!"
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 individually frozen biscuits
- Place the carrots, celery and onion in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; top
- with chicken. Sprinkle with pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, water and wine; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat and vegetables are
- If desired, thicken cooking juices. Meanwhile, bake biscuits
- according to package directions. Serve with chicken and gravy.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast with 1-1/2 cups gravy and 1 biscuit equals 601 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 1,904 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 38 g protein.