Chicken with Veggies 'n' Gravy Recipe
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 individually frozen biscuits
- 1. Place the carrots, celery and onion in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; top with chicken. Sprinkle with pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the soup, water and wine; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 3. If desired, thicken cooking juices. Meanwhile, bake biscuits according to package directions. Serve with chicken and gravy. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 601 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 1904mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 7g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Veggies 'n' Gravy
"Made this for dinner last night and it was delicious, great comfort food . I had baked a chicken the night before and had half of chicken left so I cut up the baked chicken placed it atop the vegetables, used two cans of cream of chicken soup,, one cup of water and 1/2 cup of white Zinfandel wine in a large pot on stove top and cooked on low covered for an hour and a half. It was great, the gravy was nice and thick and I didn't have to thicken it. Made biscuits and rice. Hubby had his over biscuits and I had mine over rice since. I don't like biscuits. This is going to be a meal we eat regularly. This would be a nice Sunday dinner recipe for sure."
"This was delicious! I did add chopped garlic and a little extra seasoning.Also thickened the gravy.Will definately make this again"
"This was a big hit with my kids! I made it exactly as it read (with the chicken broth) and I also thickened it at the end. The second time I made it I added potatoes, and made it a complete meal. Thanks for posting!"
"Easy to make and quite tasty. Great comfort food!"
"We loved this recipe! I cooked it in my crock-pot on high for 3 hours and it was perfect. We found that one medium onion was too much for us so next time I would put in less but it had nothing to do with the recipe itself, that's just our preference. Thank you for such a great recipe!"
"I was just diagnosed with something that severely restricts my diet - forever. This sounds really delicious and will fit nicely with the new me. Can't wait to try it!"
"I used turkey in place of chicken and it was divine :-)Thank you for sharing"
"There's nothin' easier than making this for a Sunday dinner. I sometimes double the recipe to have for leftovers."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.