Chicken with Veggies 'n' Gravy Recipe
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 individually frozen biscuits
- Place the carrots, celery and onion in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; top with chicken. Sprinkle with pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, water and wine; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- If desired, thicken cooking juices. Meanwhile, bake biscuits according to package directions. Serve with chicken and gravy. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Veggies 'n' Gravy(7)
Sort By :
This was delicious! I did add chopped garlic and a little extra seasoning.Also thickened the gravy.Will definately make this again
This was a big hit with my kids! I made it exactly as it read (with the chicken broth) and I also thickened it at the end. The second time I made it I added potatoes, and made it a complete meal. Thanks for posting!
Easy to make and quite tasty. Great comfort food!
We loved this recipe! I cooked it in my crock-pot on high for 3 hours and it was perfect. We found that one medium onion was too much for us so next time I would put in less but it had nothing to do with the recipe itself, that's just our preference. Thank you for such a great recipe!
I was just diagnosed with something that severely restricts my diet - forever. This sounds really delicious and will fit nicely with the new me. Can't wait to try it!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >