"I couldn't bear the thought of going to the supermarket one day and was determined to come up with something for dinner," writes Susan Dalrymple of Marathon, Florida. "I created this comforting chicken mix, and my husband loved it!"
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 individually frozen biscuits
- Place the carrots, celery and onion in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; top with chicken. Sprinkle with pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, water and wine; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- If desired, thicken cooking juices. Meanwhile, bake biscuits according to package directions. Serve with chicken and gravy. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Veggies 'n' Gravy in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Veggies 'n' Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review