Chicken with Veggies Recipe
Tender chicken and bright vegetables combine deliciously in this blend from Frankie Allen Mann of Warrior, Alabama. "I sometimes serve it over wild rice for an interesting change.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- In a skillet, saute chicken in oil until browned. Add the wine or broth, salad dressing, green pepper, carrots, mushrooms, onion, butter and remaining garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Veggies in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p34
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Veggies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >