"You'll be surprised at how easily this tender chicken entree comes together," says Norlene Razak of Tye, Texas. "It's simple, delicious and a great way to get your family to eat vegetables."
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), skin removed
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- Place mushrooms and chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the celery, zucchini, carrots, onion, tomato juice, broth, garlic, paprika and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and vegetables. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Vegetables in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p60
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review