Chicken with Tomato-Cream Sauce Recipe
A creamy tomato sauce makes plain chicken an extraordinary dish for guests. It's easy to double the recipe when cooking for a crowd. —Agnes Cooper, Newark, Delaware
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on each side. Remove and set aside. Add onion and garlic; saute until tender. Stir in tomatoes and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 2. Remove chicken and keep warm. Combine the flour and sour cream. Reduce heat to low; stir in sour cream mixture and Parmesan cheese. Heat through (do not boil). Serve chicken and sauce over noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 301 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 621 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC