- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add shallot to same pan; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Add cream, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Increase heat to medium-high; cook until slightly thickened. Stir in 2 teaspoons tarragon, lemon juice and remaining salt. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with remaining tarragon. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Tarragon Sauce
Sort By :
"My husband and I really liked this. I used half and half instead of whipping cream and green onion instead of shallots. The second time I made it I didn't have any half and half so I used sour cream. That was even better."
"I made this recipe exactly as written except I used 2 green onions (scallions) in place of the shallot. My family kept saying how good it was. It was so quick and easy to prepare. Definitely a keeper!"
"I added garlic to the recipe and I wanted , more gavey other than that great recipe"
"This was soooo simple and soooo good. A great midweek meal. Next time I will be using dill instead of tarragon."
"This dish is delicious! Will make this many time over."