Chicken with Tarragon Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 3. Add shallot to same pan; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Add cream, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Increase heat to medium-high; cook until slightly thickened. Stir in 2 teaspoons tarragon, lemon juice and remaining salt. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with remaining tarragon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken with Tarragon Sauce
"This is a fantastic recipe. If you love tarragon, you will love this. I will make this the rest of my life!"
"We loved the sauce on the chicken. That was the flavor part!! I'll be making this again."
"We absolutely loved this dinner. It turned out great! I like trying new recipies, but it's a gamble, most of the time they turn out but sometimes not. This is one for my recipe box for sure."
"I'm a little behind in reviewing this fantastic recipe. I doubled the recipe also and added the mushrooms and wine as suggested in a review. I also sliced the chicken breasts into strips...cooks faster and I know it's cooked completely. I served it over a multi-grain rice blend and saut?ed spinach in garlic oil. Next time I am going to use half Greek yogurt and half cream. easy and wonderfully delicious."
"Doubled recipe for a dinner party- was excellent. Added chopped shiitake mushrooms and a bit of white wine with the shallots. Thank you for this wonderful recipe!"
"Tarragon is the herb in b?arnaise sauce, and I love b?arnaise, so I loved this recipe! I had never pounded chicken breasts before, but it made such a difference in the texture of the meat and how evenly they cooked, I will never NOT pound them again. I made this almost exactly as written except I omitted the shallot altogether, used dried tarragon instead of fresh, and used the whole half pint container of whipping cream (1 cup) rather than just 3/4 of it. This recipe was so easy and so delicious, I will make it forever. Definitely one of my all time favorite recipes of any kind!"
"My husband and I really liked this. I used half and half instead of whipping cream and green onion instead of shallots. The second time I made it I didn't have any half and half so I used sour cream. That was even better."
"I added garlic to the recipe and I wanted , more gavey other than that great recipe"
"This was soooo simple and soooo good. A great midweek meal. Next time I will be using dill instead of tarragon."
"This dish is delicious! Will make this many time over."
"This was great! I will definitely make this again."
"The first time I made this recipe, I didn't change anything. Delicious!!The second time, I wanted more sauce to use as a 'gravy' over my side of mashed potatoes. So, I added some Marsala wine I wanted to use up, and some chicken stock. After I browned the chicken, I cooked it in the sauce for about 10 minutes. Delicious! I will make it again both ways."
"This dish is excellent. I will make no changes to it."