Chicken with Tarragon Sauce Recipe
This is comfort food at its finest. I cook it at least once a week and usually serve with homemade mashed potatoes and sautéed fresh green beans. —Cher Schwartz, Ellisville, Missouri
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 3. Add shallot to same pan; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Add cream, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Increase heat to medium-high; cook until slightly thickened. Stir in 2 teaspoons tarragon, lemon juice and remaining salt. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with remaining tarragon. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC