Chicken with Tarragon Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add shallot to same pan; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Add cream, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Increase heat to medium-high; cook until slightly thickened. Stir in 2 teaspoons tarragon, lemon juice and remaining salt. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with remaining tarragon. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Tarragon Sauce(5)
Sort By :
This was soooo simple and soooo good. A great midweek meal. Next time I will be using dill instead of tarragon.
This dish is delicious! Will make this many time over.
This was great! I will definitely make this again.
The first time I made this recipe, I didn't change anything. Delicious!!
The second time, I wanted more sauce to use as a 'gravy' over my side of mashed potatoes. So, I added some Marsala wine I wanted to use up, and some chicken stock. After I browned the chicken, I cooked it in the sauce for about 10 minutes. Delicious! I will make it again both ways.
This dish is excellent. I will make no changes to it.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >