This family favorite is not too hot and not too sweet. You can use any type of hot pepper jelly you like. —Jaye-Lynn Baublitz, Bradenton, Florida
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in batches in oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute onion and celery in the same pan until crisp-tender. Add the chicken broth, orange juice and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in pepper jelly until melted. Remove from heat; stir in butter and parsley. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Sweet Jalapeno Sauce in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013, p22
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Sweet Jalapeno Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review