Chicken with Sweet Jalapeno Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in batches in oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Saute onion and celery in the same pan until crisp-tender. Add the chicken broth, orange juice and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in pepper jelly until melted. Remove from heat; stir in butter and parsley. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Chicken with Sweet Jalapeno Sauce
"I used my own jalapeno jelly, so mine had some kick to it. Really good."
"Very quick easy chicken recipe. The sauce ends up as a tasty accompaniment to the chicken.I used regular bone in chicken and once browned, I finished it off in the oven for about 30 minutes. When plated the sauce looks very nice on the chicken. My step increased the time a bit but then I could use dark chicken which is my husbands favorite. I will definitely make this again. Other than the actual chicken pieces I did not change any part of this recipe."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.