Chicken with Stuffing
In Stillman Valley, Illinois, Susan Kutz needs only five ingredients to create this comforting home-style meal of chicken topped with corn bread stuffing. "I sometimes add two cans of soup so there's more sauce," she notes.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- Place chicken in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with soup. In a
- bowl, combine the water, butter and stuffing mix; spoon over the
- chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is
- tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 365 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 1,481 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.