This speedy stovetop entree is special enough to serve company, yet easy enough for everyday. The moist chicken gets wonderful flavor from a sweet sauce made with strawberry jam, dried cranberries and pineapple juice. I like to serve it with rice pilaf, peas, a garden salad and cloverleaf rolls. -Kathy Rairigh, Milford, Indiana
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup strawberry spreadable fruit
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, combine the pineapple juice, cranberries, garlic and red pepper flakes; bring to a boil. Add chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Remove chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Bring cooking liquid to a boil; cook for 5-7 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup. Combine spreadable fruit and cornstarch until blended; add to the skillet. Boil and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Spicy Fruit in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p27
Reviews for Chicken with Spicy Fruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2010
"I didn't think this was spicy at all and I couldn't really taste the strawberry flavor. I thought it was a little bland."