Chicken with Rosemary-Onion Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in 1 teaspoon butter. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic in remaining butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Add rosemary. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 247 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 501mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Chicken with Rosemary-Onion Sauce
"Had a good flavor, but for some reason it did not "wow" me.... I will, however, give it another try. Hopefully it will be better the second time around!"
"I have made it numerous times.Excellent."
"Delicious! My husband really does not like chicken, but he liked this recipe. So easy to make."
"Very tasty, healthy and so easy. Uses ingredients that most people already have on hand. Will definitely be making this again and again!"
"Can someone give me an approximate amount of fresh rosemary to use instead of dried? I have somehoe managed to grow a huge bush of it!"
"We did not care for the flavor."
"An excellent dinner option. My family loves it."
"My husband hates onions, but he requests this recipe over and over! My 2 children also absolutely love it. I rarely have leftovers! Fresh rosemary is also excellent in this dish . . ."
"My family absolutely loved this! I will double the sauce portion as it tastes great on egg noodles."
"This dish is absolutely delicious! I tried it last week, and my family has already requested it again. Super easy, but looks like it requires tons of work. It calls for few ingredients, most of which I keep on hand. Great go-to dish for busy days."
"The recipe can easily be cut it half, a plus for someone single like me and the sauce has wonderful flavor. It reheats well for lunch the next day as well"
"This chicken is delicious and fairly simple to prepare for a week night supper and also nice for dinner guests."