Chicken with Rosemary-Onion Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in 1 teaspoon butter. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic in remaining butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Add rosemary. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce equals 247 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 501 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.