This simply elegant entree requires a minimum of effort but will win you compliments. You'll love the mellow sauce! —Connie L McDowell, Greenwood, Delaware
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine to pan; cook over medium-low heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in rosemary and remaining butter until blended. Serve sauce with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Rosemary Butter Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p43
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Rosemary Butter Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review