- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8
- teaspoon pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in
- remaining oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until
- lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook leek for 2 minutes or until leek is lightly
- browned. Add broth, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan.
- Add red pepper mixture, chicken and remaining salt and pepper. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes until the
- chicken juices run clear. Uncover; pepper sauce over pasta if
- desired. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (calculated without pasta) equals 239 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.