Chicken with Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and salt. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the red peppers and Italian seasoning; cover and process until pureed.
- 4. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 249 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 825mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Red Pepper Sauce
"This was incredibly easy and very tastey. I added a clove of garlic to the sauce, and instead of microwaving it, I added the sauce to the pan after removing the chicken. Even my two year old loved it!"
"Yummy for sure!"
"This recipe is a keeper. It is easy and fast. If chicken breasts seem pretty thick, I butterfly them so they cook faster without getting dry."
"I love chicken but I do not like red peppers. This recipe is good but the peppers need to be something else."