Chicken with Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and salt. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the red peppers and Italian seasoning; cover and process until pureed.
- 4. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 249 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 825mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein .
Reviews for Chicken with Red Pepper Sauce
"This was incredibly easy and very tastey. I added a clove of garlic to the sauce, and instead of microwaving it, I added the sauce to the pan after removing the chicken. Even my two year old loved it!"
"Yummy for sure!"
"This recipe is a keeper. It is easy and fast. If chicken breasts seem pretty thick, I butterfly them so they cook faster without getting dry."
"I love chicken but I do not like red peppers. This recipe is good but the peppers need to be something else."