Chicken with Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
This lightly breaded, moist and tender chicken is cooked to perfection, topped with a Italian-seasoned, red pepper puree and sprinkled with a touch of feta cheese. Excellent!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and salt. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the red peppers and Italian seasoning; cover and process until pureed.
- 4. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 249 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 825 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC