- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and salt. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the red peppers and Italian seasoning; cover and process until pureed.
- Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken with Red Pepper Sauce
Sort By :
This was incredibly easy and very tastey. I added a clove of garlic to the sauce, and instead of microwaving it, I added the sauce to the pan after removing the chicken. Even my two year old loved it!
Yummy for sure!
This recipe is a keeper. It is easy and fast. If chicken breasts seem pretty thick, I butterfly them so they cook faster without getting dry.
I love chicken but I do not like red peppers. This recipe is good but the peppers need to be something else.