Chicken with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves, divided
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened raspberries
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup preserves, raspberry vinegar, pineapple juice, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic and seasonings; mix well. Remove 1 cup for sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the grill for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add remaining preserves; mix well. Drizzle over chicken. Garnish with raspberries. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 217 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 508mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Chicken with Raspberry Sauce
"This was AWESOME!!"
"This was delicious! Loved the sauce and fresh raspberries. Served it with white cheddar scalloped potatoes and steamed green beans drizzled with balsamic, garlic salt, a little butter and pepper. Very refreshing."
"Yum! I can't believe how great this chicken dish turned out. This recipe is a good one for special occasions and special guests. (I made this for my own family on Valentine's Day.) Thank you Amy Ammann!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.