Chicken with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves, divided
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened raspberries
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup preserves, raspberry vinegar, pineapple juice, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic and seasonings; mix well. Remove 1 cup for sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the grill for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add remaining preserves; mix well. Drizzle over chicken. Garnish with raspberries. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce) equals 209 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.