Chicken with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves, divided
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened raspberries
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup preserves, raspberry vinegar, pineapple juice, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic and seasonings; mix well. Remove 1 cup for sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the grill for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add remaining preserves; mix well. Drizzle over chicken. Garnish with raspberries. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Raspberry Sauce
Sort By :
"This was AWESOME!!"
"This was delicious! Loved the sauce and fresh raspberries. Served it with white cheddar scalloped potatoes and steamed green beans drizzled with balsamic, garlic salt, a little butter and pepper. Very refreshing."
"Yum! I can't believe how great this chicken dish turned out. This recipe is a good one for special occasions and special guests. (I made this for my own family on Valentine's Day.) Thank you Amy Ammann!"