- stuffing in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; cover and refrigerate
- until ready to bake.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan breast side up; brush with oil and
- sprinkle with remaining parsley and thyme. Add water to pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer
- inserted in stuffing reads 165° and a thermometer inserted in
- the thigh reads 180°.
- Bake stuffing in the baking dish for 45 minutes or until heated
- through and lightly browned. Remove chicken from oven; tent with
- foil. Let stand 15 minutes before removing stuffing and carving.
- Skim fat and thicken pan drippings for gravy if desired. Serve with
- chicken and stuffing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 651 calories, 38 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 183 mg cholesterol, 733 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 57 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.