Chicken with Pineapple Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Flatten the chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. (Discard remaining juice or save for another use.)
- 3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Gradually add to skillet. stir in the honey, teriyaki sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until thickened. Add pineapple and chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce; calculated without rice) equals 238 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer