- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Flatten the chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. (Discard remaining juice or save for another use.)
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Gradually add to skillet. stir in the honey, teriyaki sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until thickened. Add pineapple and chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chicken with Pineapple
"Super easy! I did use more juice and only a teaspoon of corn starch and tsp of soy sauce. Chicken was super tender and super tasty."
"PickyPicky eater approved!"
"Bland and boring. Needs onion or peppers or something."
"I really liked this and it was simple and easy to make. I cut my chicken up in pieces instead of leaving the breasts whole. My small children wouldn't touch it -- apparently they don't like teriyaki -- but that is their loss."