Chicken with Pineapple Sauce
Here's a sweet thick glaze that really dresses up plain chicken. We think it also tastes good over ham.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Minced chives, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the
- pineapple, soy sauce, garlic salt and ginger. Cook and stir over low
- heat until thickened.
- Place chicken in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Pour half of the
- sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 1 70°,
- basting several times with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with chives
- if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 79 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon