Chicken with Pineapple Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Minced chives, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the pineapple, soy sauce, garlic salt and ginger. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened.
- 2. Place chicken in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Pour half of the sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 1 70°, basting several times with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with chives if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 79 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Chicken with Pineapple Sauce
"Made this for company and they were wild about it! It really is delicious, served over rice."
"This is a great recipe, quick and easy with ingredients that are already on hand most of the time. However, the nutritional information given is completely inaccurate!! I track points with weight watchers and used the information provided to calculate points and it calculated to 2 points. (boneless, skinless chicken breast is 3 points for 4 oz.) I entered the entire recipe and it came out to 8 points! Huge difference!! It's still a relatively healthy entree, just not as healthy as the numbers provided lead you to believe."
"This was really quick, easy & good to make. Was almost like a sweet & sour chicken. Will definitely make again. It did take about 40 minutes for the chicken to bake though & not 25. Served it with broccoli & rice."
"Whoever thought it only takes 25 minutes to cook 4 chicken breasts must have a super oven. Took my chicken over an hour! It was okay but definitely misleading on time. Not a quick after work dinner."
"I ended up overcooking my chicken and it turned out a little dry, but with the mouth salivating sauce it was still delicious! I will definitely try this again!"
"I cook it just like edankers did, but next time I'd add a little extra cornstarch because the sauce didn't thicken up enough. My family loved it."
"I increased the cooking time and temperature (400 degrees) as my chicken breasts were thicker and taking longer to cook."
"I made this recipe tonight. It's very quick and easy. I have a very picky husband and he loved it!"
"I served this chicken at a dinner party and it was a hit with the adults and kids. I used a 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple, 8 chicken breast halves and I 9x13 in. pan. I skipped the basting and poured all of the sauce over the chicken and baked for 45 mn. The chicken was very tender!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.