- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 3/4 pound), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 medium ripe pear, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, combine sweet potato and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Stir in pear; cook, covered, 4-5 minutes longer or until potato is tender. Add vinegar, mustard and tarragon; stir in remaining water and heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Pear & Sweet Potato
"I usually like red wine vinegar and sweet potatoes, but did not care for this recipe."
"Maybe it was the red wine vinegar but there was something that just made this taste ICK. Between the pear and the sweet potato I thought this would be on the sweet side but it wasn't. It just did not taste good."