Chicken with Peanut Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, garlic and ginger in oil for 5 minutes. Add peanut butter mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, stirring frequently.
- 2. Serve with rice; sprinkle with green onions if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 442 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 562 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.