- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, garlic and ginger in oil for 5 minutes. Add peanut butter mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, stirring frequently.
- Serve with rice; sprinkle with green onions if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Peanut Sauce in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken with Peanut Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2013
Yummy alternative to boring old chicken! Leave out the hot pepper for kids or those who don't like spice.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Chicken >