Chicken with Peaches
I first tried this delicious dish at my sister's house and was delighted when she shared the recipe with me. Peaches give ordinary chicken a sweet taste and pretty golden color.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds) , cut up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (28 ounces) peach slices, drained
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Broil 6
- minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Season with salt and
- pepper. In a small bowl, combine the molasses, lemon juice, butter,
- onion and ginger; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Add peaches; baste
- chicken. Return to the oven for 10 minutes or until chicken juices
- run clear and peaches are heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 692 calories, 31 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 50 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.