I first tried this delicious dish at my sister's house and was delighted when she shared the recipe with me. Peaches give ordinary chicken a sweet taste and pretty golden color.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds) , cut up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (28 ounces) peach slices, drained
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Broil 6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the molasses, lemon juice, butter, onion and ginger; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Add peaches; baste chicken. Return to the oven for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and peaches are heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p67
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Peaches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review