Chicken with Peach Stuffing Recipe
This is my favorite kind of recipe...something that tastes so good, yet requires a minimum of preparation. This simple dish is just right, now that my husband and I are empty nesters, yet it's elegant enough to serve for company dinner. -Theresa Stewart, New Oxford, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups instant chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving juice; set the peaches aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in oil. Gradually stir in the peach juice mixture, butter, brown sugar, vinegar and allspice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Stir in stuffing mix and peaches. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 404 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 846 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC