Chicken with Peach Stuffing Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups instant chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving juice; set the peaches aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in oil. Gradually stir in the peach juice mixture, butter, brown sugar, vinegar and allspice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Stir in stuffing mix and peaches. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 404 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 846mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Peach Stuffing
"This is the exact same recipe shown in my quick Cooking 2003 annual book (from a 2002 magazine) The stuffing turns out unusually yummy. -Lori in WI."