To keep our kitchen cool, we grill chicken outdoors and pass it with a minty peach salsa that can easily be made ahead. —Janie Colle, Hutchinson, Kansas
Featured In: 25 Cucumber Recipes to Make This Summer
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 tablespoons peach preserves, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine peaches, cucumber, 2 tablespoons preserves, onion, mint and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and remaining salt. On a lightly greased grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 5 minutes. Turn; grill 7-9 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°, brushing tops occasionally with remaining preserves. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Peach-Cucumber Salsa in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken with Peach-Cucumber Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review