Chicken with Onions and Figs Recipe
Friends and family can't get enough of tender chicken thighs in a sweet onion and fig sauce. When prepared this way, the meat turns out moist every time.—Helen Conwell, Fairhope, Alabama
- 3 large red onions, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add the figs, honey, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Place chicken in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Spoon onion mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Serve with pan juices. Yield: 8 servings.
2 servings: 503 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 4g fiber), 45g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Onions and Figs
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC