- 3 large red onions, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add the figs, honey, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring occasionally.
- Place chicken in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Spoon onion mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Serve with pan juices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Onions and Figs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p161
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken with Onions and Figs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2012
"I made this using boneless/skinless chicken breasts and orange juice (since I didn't have any lemon juice on hand). It was delicious! This is a keeper. Thanx!"