Chicken with Mustard Gravy Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 4 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. Rub chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the mustard, milk, basil, parsley, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 262 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chicken with Mustard Gravy
"Huge hit last night! I doubled the gravy, since we love sauce. I'll definitely be trying the gravy on other meats (such as pork chops)."
"This is really a great recipe! The gravy is almost drinkable, it's so good! LOL! I've made this numerous times. I always double the gravy, and there is never any left over. I recommend this recipe all the time."
"we LOVE this chicken...it is a standard in my kitchen. Guests love it"