Chicken with Mustard Gravy
A rich gravy made with honey mustard and sour cream drapes nicely over these golden-brown chicken breasts. They’re cooked on the stovetop in minutes and sure to please the whole family.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 4 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Rub chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. In a
- large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter for 6-8
- minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the mustard, milk, basil, parsley, and
- remaining salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until heated
- through. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with
- chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons gravy equals 262 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat.