Chicken with Mustard Gravy Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 4 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. Rub chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the mustard, milk, basil, parsley, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons gravy equals 262 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chicken with Mustard Gravy
"Huge hit last night! I doubled the gravy, since we love sauce. I'll definitely be trying the gravy on other meats (such as pork chops)."
"This is a huge favorite in my home. (I, too, double the gravy.) I have also used this for pork, lamb and beef; it's so simple and OH so delicious! This is a quick and easy "company" dish too! I wish I could add a sixth star."
"I found this in the Comfort Food Diet cookbook... very easy and tasty. I would cut back on the salt in the sauce, it was a little salty for us. But overall concept and taste was very yummy and easy!! Thanks again!"
"This is really a great recipe! The gravy is almost drinkable, it's so good! LOL! I've made this numerous times. I always double the gravy, and there is never any left over. I recommend this recipe all the time."
"I love this recipe, and I have made it countless times. It's so easy, only one pan! I think this gravy would be great on pork chops, too!"
"we LOVE this chicken...it is a standard in my kitchen. Guests love it"
"I cut this down for 2, which was easy to do. Lots of flavor and so easy. Because it only involves 1 pan its great for camping in the motorhome."