A rich gravy made with honey mustard and sour cream drapes nicely over these golden-brown chicken breasts. They’re cooked on the stovetop in minutes and sure to please the whole family.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 4 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Rub chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the mustard, milk, basil, parsley, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Mustard Gravy in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p8
Reviews for Chicken with Mustard Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review