Chicken with Mushroom Wine Sauce Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain and discard drippings. In the same skillet, brown chicken on both sides in 2 tablespoons butter. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute the mushrooms, onions, carrot and garlic in remaining butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, thyme and pepper until smooth. Gradually add broth, wine and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard bay leaf. Garnish with parsley and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Mushroom Wine Sauce(2)
Sort By :
Wow this was so easy to make and so delicious!! the only thing i would do differently next time is use a low sodium broth because it was a little salty but thats it. Fantastic!!!
The sauce is really good , tastes very well. I put extra when I cooked the chicken 2 slices of salami in cubes, mmmh delicious!!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >