Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or port wine
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Paprika, optional
- 1. In a skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. With a slotted spoon, remove mushrooms and set aside. Reserve butter in the skillet.
- 2. Combine the flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper coat chicken pieces and shake off excess. Brown mushrooms. Add broth or wine to the remaining flour mixture; stir until smooth. Fold in cream.
- 3. Pour over the chicken and mushrooms; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Garnish with parsley and paprika if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 865 calories, 62 g fat (37 g saturated fat), 330 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 59 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.