Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
This tender quick-to-assemble chicken dish features a rich flavorful sauce made with convenient canned soup and mushrooms.Virginia Conley, Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- Sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter; drain.
- Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, mushrooms, wine, garlic powder,
- salt and pepper; pour over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. Serve chicken and sauce with noodles or
- rice. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 281 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,036 mg sodium,