Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted, optional
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter; drain. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, mushrooms, wine, garlic powder, salt and pepper; pour over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve chicken and sauce with noodles or rice. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Mushroom Sauce(2)
Sort By :
I've made this recipe many times. We love it served over rice. This is my teenaged daughter's favorite dish!
This is delicious! I left out the mushrooms and almonds though. I will be putting this into the rotation.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >