Chicken with Mushroom Gravy Recipe
This deliciously moist chicken is a longtime favorite with family and friends of Darolyn Jones in Fishers, Indiana. "It’s so easy, comforting and rich." she says. "A friend shared the recipe years ago, and I adapted it by adding a few new ingredients. I like to serve it over mashed potatoes or rice."
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (12 ounces) mushroom gravy
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, gravy, milk, mushrooms, chilies and dressing mix. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Stir in cream cheese; cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC