Chicken with Mango Salsa Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the mango, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, onion, celery, lime juice and peel. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 285 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chicken with Mango Salsa
"Love, love, love this recipe. It's so easy and delicious to make and eat!"
"I made this recipe because I had mangos on hand. It turned out to be really good! I did leave out the celery since I don't really like it that much, plus I didn't feel like celery belongs in salsa. Also, I heated up the salsa in the microwave that way it was slightly warm with the chicken and not cold. My husband and I both enjoyed it (and he's pretty picky!)."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.