Chicken with Mango Salsa
In Hanover, Ontario, Denise Elder blends tangy tropical flavors for the fresh and sassy salsa that tops her tender chicken entree. You can grill the chicken, if you like.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the mango, tomato, cilantro,
- jalapeno, onion, celery, lime juice and peel. Cover and refrigerate
- for 2-3 hours.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook
- chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or
- until juices run clear. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup salsa equals 285 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,