Chicken with Mango-Raspberry Salsa Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1. For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Combine the garlic powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of chicken.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Just before serving, gently fold raspberries into salsa. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 172 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Mango-Raspberry Salsa
"I made this last evening and it was a hit! It is a definate 5 Star recipe and healthy too!! We are trying to eat more Naturally and even paleo/primal foods and this fits right in! Thanks TOH."
"Great flavor, beautiful presentation, easy to make, healthy, and goes equally well with seafood and pork."
"I really liked the salsa. Next time, I will use more seasoning for the chicken."
"Whenever I grill chicken I always pound it out a little because if it too thick it has a tendency to dry. Also, I used olive oil on the chicken before the other spices. This prevents it from sticking to the grill and gives a little extra flavor."
"Too bad we don't have '6 stars.' Do something very similar and just read the recipe and drooled."
"The recipe was a huge success for our family. We will be definitely be making this again soon!"
"This meal is wonderful! I'm so happy that summer is here, so I can prepare this one again- delicious!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.