- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-2/3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Drain oranges, reserving 1/4 cup juice. For salsa, in a large bowl, combine oranges, pecans, onion and cilantro.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in reserved juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Top with salsa; serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Mandarin Salsa
Sort By :
"Amazingly quick to fix, and so delicious, this will become one of those "go to" recipes when you forgot to plan what's for dinner. I used frozen chicken strips. As a volunteer field editor, I give this recipe a 5 star rating."