Chicken with Lemon Sauce Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine 4 tablespoons flour, cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Coat chicken with flour, then dip into egg mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter and oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine remaining, salt and pepper; stir in broth until smooth. Add apple juice to the skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Stir in lemon juice; cook for 1 minute. Add parsley and remaining butter; cook and stir until butter is melted. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 542 calories, 30 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 329 mg cholesterol, 1,670 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Lemon Sauce
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.